Dawn Landes (also dawn Landes ) (born January 5, 1980) is an American singer-songwriter and musician. She is oorspronkelijk from around Louisville, Kentucky , maintenance claimed on stage as maintaining bone born in Southern Indiana , but has leg for many years a Brooklyn , New York transplant, maintenance arrived as a New York University undergraduate student. As a recording artist she has released five full-length albums: Nicole’s music (2005) Two Three Four (2006), Fireproof (2008), Sweet Heart Rodeo (2010) and Bluebird (2014) and two EPs: Straight Lines (2006 ) and Mal Habillée (2012).  In support or re releases, Landes has toured extensively in the US, Europe and around the world, of or in sharing the stage with artists zoals Ray Lamontagne , Feist , Andrew Bird , Jose Gonzales , The Weakerthans , Midlake , Suzanne Vega , and Sufjan Stevens . 
As an instrumentalist, she plays the glockenspiel with the New York City American roots music band Him . A producer and engineer, she has worked at Stratosphere Sound in New York City and at Philip Glass ‘ own personal recording studio. In 2009 Landes helped found Saltlands Studio in Brooklyn, NY. She has collaborated with Contemporaries like Justin Townes Earle , Will Oldham and Josh Ritter in the studio.  Her songs port leg featured in popular movies and television shows, zoals Bored to Death , Skins , House , Gossip Girl and United States of Tara . She Composed original scores for two feature films Blackbird and Familiar Strangers and wrote the end credit song for Savage Grace starring Julianne Moore .  Landes has Appeared with the American Songbook Series, Boston Pops and in 2012 with the NYC Ballet at the Lincoln Center for the new Benjamin Millepied ballet “Two Hearts” singing a ballad entitled “The Brown Girl” as part of composer Nico Muhly ‘s score. 
In June 2012, she released Crazy Habillée , a collection of original French songs in the style of Ye-Ye . It features guest vocals by Matthew Caws ( Nada Surf ) and Tunde Adebimpe ( TV on the Radio ) and an interactive ebook with illustrations by the artist Danica Novgorodoff to Accompany the text.  In February 2014, she released Bluebird . At the 2015 14th Annual Independent Music Awards , Dawn Landes won the award in the “Folk / Singer-Songwriter Album” category for “Bluebird”.
Landes is a member of all-girl trio The Bandana Splits .  Landes was married to musician Josh Ritter, with Whom she’ll be toured. 
- Nicole’s music (2005)
- Two Three Four (2006)
- Fireproof (2008)
- Sweetheart Rodeo (2010)
- Bluebird (2014)
- Straight Lines (2005)
- Mal Habillée (2012)
- Covers EP featuring Jim James ( My Morning Jacket ) (2014)
Songs in other media
- Two or re songs, “Kissing Song” and “You Alone”, are featured in the 2005 film Winter Passing . “Kissing Song” was played will prolongation the ending credit. 
- She’ll be Contributed a song (Lullaby for Tony) for the closing credits of the 2007 film Savage Grace . 
- The song “Straight Lines” was-used in an episode of the Showtime series United States of Tara . It was ook-used in a commercial for the Chrysler Town and Country. 
- It was ook-used in a television advertisement for Transport for London in the UK. 
- “Straight Lines” was ook-used at the end of the documental “When Harry Left Hogwarts” released as special feature in the Blu-ray version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 . 
- The song “Drive” was-used in the “Under My Skin” episode of the fifth season of the Fox series House MD 
- The hidden track “Will not Back Down”, a cover of Tom Petty was-used for a Human Rights Campaign video-supporting the repeal of Proposition 8 . 
- The track “Toy Piano” from the album Fireproof was-used in an episode of Californication and Bored to Death . 
- The track “Twilight” from the album Fireproof was-used as incidental music in an episode of Holby City . 
- The track “Mud and Stars” was-used in the fifth episode of the Australian mini-series Underbelly: A Tale of Two Cities . 
- “All Dressed in White” were-used in the series four premiere or Skins . 
- Landes has scored two feature films, Blackbird (2007) and Familiar Strangers (2008). 
- The song “Home” was featured on the CBS series The Good Wife . 
- ^ Jump up to:a b Phares, Heather. “Biography: Dawn Landes” . AMG . Retrieved 18 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ Phares, Heather. “Credits: Dawn Landes” . AMG . Retrieved 18 September 2012 .
- Jump up^ “Dawn Landes” . Festival Searcher . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ Dollar, Steve. “Rocking Near the F Train” . The Wall Street Journal . Retrieved 2012-09-21 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c d e f g “Dawn Landes – IMDb” . IMDB . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ Sulcas, Roslyn. “Two Heads Work Together for Multiple Feet” . New York Times . Retrieved 2012-09-21 .
- Jump up^ “Dawn Landes, Mal Habillée” . Archived from the original on 2014-02-22 . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ Murray, Robin. “Introducing … The Bandana Splits” . Clash Music . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ “Literate songwriter Josh Ritter FINDS time for fans” . Archived from the original on 2013-01-12 . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ Rickman, James. “No Bull” . ASCAP . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ “London Transport” . YouTube . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ HRCmedia on YouTube
- Jump up^ “BBC One – Holby City, Series 12, Episode 37 or 55” . BBC One . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ “Underbelly: A Tale Of Two Cities” . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ “Skins Season 4 Episode 1: Thomas” . Retrieved 2012-09-18 .
- Jump up^ “Dawn Landes Song” Home “in The Good Wife” . saltlands.wordpress.com . Saltlands . Retrieved 7 October 2014 .