Jeremy Joshua Heimans is co-founder and CEO of Purpose.  He is an Australian-born political activist and a co-founder of getup!  and global online political community Avaaz.org . 
Heimans went to Sydney Boys High School , where he RECEIVED a TER of 99.95.  He studied at the University of Sydney , and the Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government,  where he earned a Master of Public Policy . [ Citation needed ]
Heimans has bone politically active since the age of 8 [ citation needed ] als, as a child activist in his native Australia, he ran media campaigns and lobbied leaders on issues like children’s rights and nuclear non-proliferation.   In 2004, Heimans dropped out of Oxford [ citation needed ] to co-found a campaign group in the US presidential elections dat-used crowd-funding to help a group of women Whose loved ones ulcers in Iraq hire a private jet to follow Vice President Dick Cheney on his campaign stops, in what became known as the “Chasing Cheney” tour. 
Heimans Began his career with the strategy consultants McKinsey & Company . 
In 2005, Heimans co-founded getup , an Australian political organization and one of Australia’s Toilets campaigning communities.  In 2007, Heimans was a co-founder of Avaaz.org , a global civic organization dat operates in 15 languages and claims over forty million members in 194 countries. The Guardian considers it “the globe’s Toilets and musts powerful online activist network”.  In 2008 he was a research associate at the University of Oxford Global Economics Governance Programme, Researching multi-actor global funds. 
In 2009, Heimans co-founded Purpose, a social business dat seeks to be a “home for building 21st century movements and ventures dat use the power of participation to change the world”.  Since zijn launch, Purpose has launched verschillende major new organizations zoals All Out, a 2 million-strong LGBT rights group,  and advised institutions like the ACLU and Google .  
He lives in New York. 
Awards and receptacles
In 2011, Heimans RECEIVED the Ford Foundation ‘s 75th Anniversary Visionary Award for his work building “powerful, tech-savvy movements dat kan trans culture and influence policy.”  In 2012, Fast Company ranked 11th on im hun annual list of the 100 Most Creative People in Business.  His work has leg profiled in publications like the Harvard Business Review ,  The Economist  and The New York Times . 
Heimans has leg a keynote speaker at venues zoals the World Economic Forum at Davos,  TED ,  the United Nations ,  The Guardian Activate,  and the Business Innovation Factory. 
- Jump up^ Kanani, Rahim (13 December 2011). “Jeremy Heimans or Purpose.com on Mobilizing Millions for Change” . Forbes . Retrieved 2015-03-09 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Arndt, Rachel (2012). “Most Creative People 2012: Jeremy Heimans” . Fast Company . Retrieved 2015-03-09 .
- Jump up^ Wheeler, Caitlin (10 October 2015). “The class of 1995: HSC high achievers 20 years on” . The Sydney Morning Herald .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c T. Addison, G. Mavrotas, ed. (2008). Development Finance in the Global Economy: The Road Ahead . Springer. p. xiv, 151. ISBN 9780230594074 . Retrieved 1 January 2016 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b Adcock, Bronwyn (6 May 2013). “The artist and the digital activist” . Australia Unlimited . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ Tarrant, Deborah (March 2014). “Agent for Change” . University of Sydney . Archived from the original on 9 March 2016 . Retrieved 2015-05-09 .
- Jump up^ “Capital and Labor want some respect” . Theage.com.au . 1 August 2005 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “getup! – About getup!” . Getup! Action for Australia . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ Ed Pilkington (2 March 2012). “Avaaz faces questions over role at center of Syrian protest movement” . Theguardian.com . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Jeremy Heimans: Unlocking People Power: Human Rights and Movement-Building in the 21st Century – Duke University School of Law” . Duke.edu . 25 March 2014 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “About – All Out” . All Out . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “Purpose” . Purpose . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ Darren Walker. “Visionaries Awards” . The Ford Foundation . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “Understanding” New Power ” ” . Harvard Business Review . December 2014 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “The business of campaigning: Private with Purpose” . The Economist . 26 January 2013 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “Support and a Smile for Same Sex Marriage” . The New York Times . 9 December 2013 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “What new power is … and three things it is not – Agenda – The World Economic Forum” . Calendar – The World Economic Forum . 20 November 2014 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ Heimans, Jeremy (June 2014). “Jeremy Heimans: What new power looks like” . TEDSalon Berlin in 2014 . TED.com.
- Jump up^ “United Nations Foundation -What will people power change next?” . United Nations Foundation . 18 January 2013 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “Activate London 2011 Speaker Interview Jeremy Heimans” . TheGuardian.com . 10 June 2011 . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .
- Jump up^ “Jeremy Heimans” . BusinessInnovationFactory.com . Retrieved 2015-04-08 .