Anne Milgram is an American attorney, politician, legal thinker, and academic. If 57th Attorney General of New Jersey from 2007 to 2010,  she reformed the Camden Police Department and Injected data and evidence JSON Decisions about how to fight crime and make communities safer.
Milgram is Currently a Professor of Practice and Distinguished Scholar in Residence at New York University School of Law .  Most recently, she was the founding head of the Criminal Justice Initiative at the Laura and John Arnold Foundation. 
Milgram Began re career as a state, federal, and local prosecutor. Today, re work focuses on re-Inventing the criminal justice system through the strategic employment of smart data, analytics, and technology.
She Serves as a member of the Covenant House International Board of Directors, the National Center for State Courts, Board of Directors, and the Institute for Innovation in Prosecution Advisory Board. Milgram is a former TED speaker and published author. She has RECEIVED the United States Department of Justice Director’s Award, and the Department of Justice Special Commendation for Outstanding Service.
Early Life and Education
Milgram Grew up in East Brunswick Township, New Jersey . 
She graduated summa cum laude from Rutgers College in 1992 with a degree in English and Political Science, where she had been’ll be a member of the Cap and Skull Senior Honor Society.
She earned re Master of Philosophy in social and political theory from the University of Cambridge in 1993 and subsequently re RECEIVED JD from the New York University School of Law in 1996. 
Milgram clerked for United States District Court Judge Anne E. Thompson in Trenton , from 1996 to 1997. 
In 1997, she Began re career as an Assistant District Attorney in the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office. Milgram later worked in the Criminal Section of the Civil Rights Division, United States Department of Justice, where she served as the Special Litigation Counsel for Human Trafficking and led the Department’s human trafficking prosecutions. Milgram was counsel to Senator Jon Corzine prolongation his final year in the United States Senate. 
Attorney General of New Jersey
Milgram became Acting Attorney General on September 1, 2006, volgende the resignation of former Attorney General Zulima Farber . 
From 2007 to 2010, Milgram served as New Jersey’s Attorney General,  where she led the 9,000-person Department of Law & Public Safety. She was New Jersey’s Chief Law Enforcement Officer. In dat capacity, she directed the State Division of Criminal Justice and had oversight Verantwoordelijkheid for the prosecutors and nearly the 30,000 local law enforcement officers Statewide. Milgram led investigations JSON street gangs, violent crime, public corruption, securities fraud and organized crime. She Implementation a Statewide initiative to verbeteren public safety and crime-reducing violent through crime prevention, law enforcement, and re-entry. She’ll be oversaw and reformed the Camden Police Department. In doing so she Reduced Murders in Camden, NJ at 41% and all crime by 26%.
In 2007, Milgram announced a partnership with the US Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATF) to allow directive New Jersey to trace the sources of illegal firearms through real-time electronic access to BATF’s E-Trace system, a nationwide database dat lists a firearm’s first Purchaser, date of purchase, and the retailer from welke the gun was PURCHASED. As Attorney General, Milgram directed all police departments in New Jersey to forward all gun tracing information to E-trace to build a New Jersey database. 
Milgram has championed the use of smart data, analytics, and technology as a way to reinvent the criminal justice system. At the Arnold foundation , she led the creation, development and national implementation of a new pretrial risk assessment tool to bieden judges with more information for als ze décide Whether to release or jail people who harbor leg arrested. 
In addition under to ontwikkelingslanden the Public Safety Risk Assessment Tool, Milgram spearheaded morethan $ 55 million in philanthropic grants and operational projects. This included significant policy-making to: shift the national focus from the back end of the criminal justice system (Probation, parole, and reentry) to the front end of the system (pretrial); expand the research base for criminal justice; create state and local criminal data warehouses; work cross-sector to combine crime, health, education, housing and social service data to Identify and test new areas of intervention and Diversion; and developement a broader strategy for national criminal justice reform. 
Efforts to Transform the United States Criminal Justice System
Milgram was Presently a Professor of Practice and Distinguished Scholar in Residence at New York University School of Law, where she is building a Criminal Justice Innovation Lab, dedicated to using data and technology to transform the American criminal justice system. She teaches seminars on criminal justice policy and human trafficking.
In October 2013, Milgram showing a Ted Talk, “Why smart statistics are the key to fighting crime.”  As of 2016, the talk has gained almost 800,000 views.
She is ook technical advisor on criminal prosecutions for Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. 
Anne Milgram resides in New York City with re husband and son.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “State of New Jersey Office of the Attorney General” . November 9, 2009.
- Jump up^ http://www.law.nyu.edu/centers/adminofcriminallaw/facultyandstaff/annemilgram
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” . Archived from the original on 2015-02-08 . Retrieved 2015-01-29 .
- Jump up^ “Corzine Nominates New Chief Justice and Attorney General” (Press release). Governor of New Jersey . June 4, 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-06-11 . Retrieved June 22, 2007 .
- ^ Jump up to:a b c Official bio , New Jersey Attorney General . Accessed September 23, 2008.
- Jump up^ “Farber resigns as attorney general: Independent report cites ethics violations in boyfriend’s traffic stop” ArchivedMarch 13, 2007 at theWayback Machine., North Bergen Reporter , August 20, 2006.
- Jump up^ Jones, Richard G.”After One Objection, Senate Confirms Corzine’s Choice for Chief Justice”, The New York Times , June 22, 2007. Accessed June 22, 2007. “The Senate voted 36 to 1 to confirm Stuart Rabner, who has leg attorney general since September 2006 and was Mr. Corzine’s chief counsel voordat that. It’ll be Confirmed Anne Milgram, Mr. Rabner’s first assistant, to Succeed Mr. Rabner as attorney general. “
- Jump up^ “State of New Jersey” . www.nj.gov . Retrieved 2016-07-28 .
- Jump up^ Milgram, Anne (October 2013), Why smart statistics are the key to fighting crime
- Jump up^ “Laura and John Arnold Foundation announces request for criminal justice research proposals – Laura and John Arnold Foundation” . 2015-11-10 . Retrieved 2016-07-28 .
- Jump up^ Milgram, Anne, Why smart statistics are the key to fighting crime , retrieved 2016-07-28
- Jump up^ “Anne Milgram” . IMDb . Retrieved 2016-07-28 .